Keeping your home safe from Pests is always a challenge. The last thing you want to hear in the middle of the night is your wife yelling "Babeeeeeeeee!!!" or your kids "Daaaaaaaad!!!", you know that tone and it only means one thing, there is a bug in the house!
Here are a few tips to keep insects and pests from being a major headache and prevent sleepless nights for you and your family. Even better, it saves you money, so here goes:
1. Rinse before Recycle: Remember to rinse your juice and soda containers before recycling. This way, they won't attract flies, ants, or roaches.
2. Keep your Kitchen Clean: Clear food from all surfaces, clean dishes every night, and sweep floors of crumbs. To pests, your kitchen could be perceived as an endless buffet.
3. Window and Door Screens: Check window and door screens for holes or damages. Repair, if necessary.
4. Kitchen Storage: Store grains and cereals in tight lid containers and keep Food products off the floors and away from the walls. This includes pet foods. Keep your storage area neat and free of spills and crumbs. When you purchase items make sure they are not expired or have torn packages. Apply the FIFO (First In First Out) Rule, using the oldest products in your pantry, first. Recycle your empty clear containers, by storing beans and grains in them so they can be easily identified and inspected. This will definitely keep pantry pests at bay.
5. Repair all Leaky Pipes and Faucets: Bugs like three things, Food, Shelter, and Water. Prevent these and witness fewer pests in your homes.
Finally, it is advisable to schedule an annual inspection with a reputable pest management company to stay ahead of any potential pest problems especially Termites, and remember "Don't Let Your Pest Be Your Guests."
If you like this then check out 5 Simple Tips for Outdoor Pests Prevention.
Written by: Neil A. Bacchus | Operating Manager | Citi Termite Control Inc.