In today's Pest Control industry the quality of service you receive depends on who you hire. As always, it's not just about the price, because quality exterminating services trump low-cost service, every time.
You will want to take several factors into consideration when selecting the most suited pest management company for your job. Here are five reasons why you should hire an Owner Operator/Mom and Pops Pest Control operation, rather than a Big-Box company.
1) Technical Edge: Most Small company owner-operators in the pest industry are licensed Commercial Applicators with decades of wide-ranging experience, licensed in multiple categories of pest management, and are not just greenhorn technicians. They have a variety of tools in their work vans to tackle most pest problems their customers may have on short notice. These Pest Professionals are up to speed with the latest advancements in the pest industry and are constantly being trained to handle a spectrum of pest issues, whether it's Bed Bugs, Rodents, Flies, or Termites. On the other hand, big-box companies use fewer tools or products across their fleet, and not all of their technicians arriving at your door are multi-versed.
2) Communication & Commitment: Often in smaller pest control businesses the operators are also the owners, which means you get a one-on-one treatment from the start. You won't need to explain your problems to multiple individuals before a service technician gets to your door. Instead, your issues and concerns will be scheduled and resolved quicker and more efficiently. Small business owners communicate better with their clients and take great pride in their work and they care about their customer's satisfaction.
3) Integrity & Community Pride: When you hire local Pest Control professionals from your community, the money you spend on them goes back into your community. It's a Win-Win for everyone. Also, many smaller companies offer Contract-Free service which gives flexibility to customers to pay for pest control services only when needed. Remember, these are folks who live in your community, with similar vested interests, and as the saying goes "A Rising Tide Lifts all Boats."
4) Personalized Service: With smaller pest control companies, the technicians are often the same individual to service your home, every time. You'll maintain a sense of trust, since they know your home, the pest issues you have and take care of potential pest issues before it becomes an infestation. As a bonus, they are always friendly with your pets and kids.
5) Value: Big Box companies run on set time. A technician is required to spend an allotted amount of time with a customer, during which they'll try to sign you on to an annual contract. If you do, you become just another number. Small Pest Management Companies take time to understand your Pests issues and get the job done properly. Local Pest professionals always solve your pest problems with the least possible visits and in the most cost-effective way.
These points are similar to all other small business owner/operators and service providers in your community. Consider them before you hire any company to provide service for you and your family.
Written by: Neil A. Bacchus | Operating Manager | Citi Termite Control Inc.