Ever thought about the traveling Bed bug? In fact, do you think about bed bugs at all? You should! While being a clean fanatic helps, many simple factors contribute in bringing these blood sucking pests into your home. Like taking a vacation and staying in a Hotel, a simple Taxi Ride, a trip to the Movie Theater or even having Guests over at your home.
This gives you a lot to think about, so here are some easy ways to keep them out of your life and retain $$$ in your pocket:
• Vacuuming and Cleaning your home often.
• Avoid clutter in your home, since bed bugs enjoy less trafficked spaces.
• Do not buy used furniture, electronics or beds unless you're able to inspect them thoroughly for potential bedbug presence. Make sure to check all the cracks and crevices.
• Periodically perform an inspection of your home focusing on the sleeping quarters, inspecting the bed and furniture in close proximity to the bed.
• At friends and family gatherings, refrain from piling your guests coats and jackets together, even more so, avoid placing these articles on your bed or sofa.
• When traveling and staying at a Hotel (5🌟 or otherwise), be sure to inspect hotel rooms to ensure they are free of bedbugs! Check beds, box springs and mattresses. Pay keen attention to the mattress piping, plastic protective caps for the box spring, and the headboard.
When you've returned home, bag and launder all clothing and be sure to inspect suitcases for bedbugs – this stage is preferably done outside or in a garage.
If you think you may have bed bugs, call Citi Termite Control for a free evaluation and remedy Quote.